In 2009, Growthpoint Properties Limited (JSE: GRT), South Africa's largest primary listed REIT, recapitalised Orchard Industrial Property Fund and created Growthpoint Properties Australia. At this time, the property portfolio consisted of 23 industrial properties, valued at approximately $650 million.
Since then the Group has grown, adding new properties to the portfolio, and enhancing its existing assets. The portfolio now consists of 57^ office and industrial properties, valued at approximately $4.8 billion*.
Historical transactions and events
Takeover of GPT Metro Office Fund (GMF) – 2016
On 1 July 2016, Growthpoint announced a $321 million off-market takeover offer for ASX-listed GMF. The fund comprised six A-grade office properties valued at $440.3 million.
Historical information on GMF and the takeover transaction can be found below.
GMF takeover by Growthpoint Properties Australia
Distribution and tax information for GMF Securityholders
- Distribution and tax information – FY15 and FY16
- Guide to the GPT Metro Office Fund Annual Tax Statement 2016
GMF – historical results and reports
- FY16 – ASX announcement
- FY16 – Presentation
- FY16 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- FY16 – Appendix 4E
- FY16 – Annual Financial Report
- FY16 – Distribution announcement
- FY16 – Data pack
- 1H16 – ASX announcement
- 1H16 – Presentation
- 1H16 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- 1H16 – Appendix 4D
- 1H16 – Interim Financial Report
- 1H16 – Distribution announcement
- 1H16 – Data pack
- Half year update
- GMF Target Statement
- FY15 – ASX announcement
- FY15 – Presentation
- FY15 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- FY15 – Appendix 4E
- FY15 – Annual Financial Report
- FY15 – Annual Review
- FY15 – Distribution announcement
- FY15 – Data pack
- February 2015 – ASX announcement, operational update
- February 2015 – Operational update presentation
Growthpoint Properties and Rabinov Property Trust Merger – 2011
In July 2011, Growthpoint completed a scrip takeover of the Rabinov Property Trust coupled with a $102.6 million rights issue. Through the merger Growthpoint acquired four office properties and two industrial properties valued at a total of $184.0 million.
Information on this transaction can be found in the following documents: