In 2009, Growthpoint Properties South Africa (GRT) recapitalised Orchard Industrial Property Fund and created Growthpoint Properties Australia. At this time, the property portfolio consisted of 25 industrial properties, valued at approximately $650 million.
Since then the Group has grown, adding new properties to the portfolio, and enhancing its existing assets. The portfolio now consists of 55 office and industrial properties, valued at approximately $4.2 billion.
Historical transactions and events
Takeover of GPT Metro Office Fund (GMF) – 2016
On 1 July 2016, Growthpoint announced a $321 million off-market takeover offer for ASX-listed GMF. The fund comprised six A-grade office properties valued at $440.3 million.
Historical information on GMF and the takeover transaction can be found below.
GMF takeover by Growthpoint Properties Australia
Distribution and tax information for GMF Securityholders
- Distribution and tax information – FY15 and FY16
- Guide to the GPT Metro Office Fund Annual Tax Statement 2016
GMF – historical results and reports
- FY16 – ASX announcement
- FY16 – Presentation
- FY16 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- FY16 – Appendix 4E
- FY16 – Annual Financial Report
- FY16 – Distribution announcement
- FY16 – Data pack
- 1H16 – ASX announcement
- 1H16 – Presentation
- 1H16 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- 1H16 – Appendix 4D
- 1H16 – Interim Financial Report
- 1H16 – Distribution announcement
- 1H16 – Data pack
- Half year update
- GMF Target Statement
- FY15 – ASX announcement
- FY15 – Presentation
- FY15 – Presentation (with speaker notes)
- FY15 – Appendix 4E
- FY15 – Annual Financial Report
- FY15 – Annual Review
- FY15 – Distribution announcement
- FY15 – Data pack
- February 2015 – ASX announcement, operational update
- February 2015 – Operational update presentation
Growthpoint Properties and Rabinov Property Trust Merger – 2011
In July 2011, Growthpoint completed a scrip takeover of the Rabinov Property Trust coupled with a $102.6 million rights issue. Through the merger Growthpoint acquired four office properties and two industrial properties valued at a total of $184.0 million.
Information on this transaction can be found in the following documents: